Aetna is pleased to provide retirees (and spouses) of the School District of Philadelphia (SDP) with a website specifically tailored to your needs concerning the Medicare Medical Plans that are available to you. If you are eligible for Premium Assistance through PSERS, The School District of Philadelphia Aetna Medicare Plans qualifies for the $100 Premium Assistant reimbursement.
Should you have any questions concerning your plan options, call the SDP’s local Aetna advisor, Allen Heffler, at (215) 658-1555. Allen will provide personal assistance and guidance.
Available Plans for 2012:
1. Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan
2. Aetna Stand Alone Part D (Prescriptions)
3. Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO Plan
1. Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan
Medicare Supplemental Coverage
The School District of Philadelphia Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan F combines the benefits of Original Medicare and features of a traditional health plan. You can join Aetna’s Medicare Supplement Plan F if you are enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B. Aetna’s Medicare Supplement Plan helps you pay expenses that Medicare doesn’t cover — such as the deductibles and coinsurance that you would be responsible for otherwise. Plan F is the richest Medicare Supplement Plan that is offered! Medicare Supplement Plans do not cover prescription drugs. However, a separate School District of Philadelphia Medicare Prescription Drug plan (PDP) is available through Aetna’s drug plan for retirees and spouses
Features of Aetna Medicare Supplement Plan F
- freedom to seek care without a referral from any provider, nationwide, as long as that provider accepts Medicare;
- no office visit copayments, no deductibles;
- virtually no claim forms;
2012 Medicare Supplement Plan F Monthly Premium
Monthly plan premium varies with age.
65-69 years old, the monthly premium is $175.42
70-74 years old, the monthly premium is $215.04
2. Aetna Medicare Rx Plan
Group Prescription Drug Plan
Aetna offers a Medicare Rx Plan that complements Aetna’s Medicare Supplement Plan F offered through the School District of Philadelphia. You can join Aetna’s Medicare Rx plans if you are enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B. Coverage is not automatic- you must apply for coverage. Aetna’s Medicare Rx plan does not provide medical coverage. If you are enrolled any Medicare Advantage plan, such as an Aetna’s Medicare PPO plan, you may not join a separate Rx plan.
Features of Aetna Rx Plan
- low co pays — $5 Tier 1 (generic), $25 Tier 2 (brand preferred), $50 Tier 3 (brand non-preferred) 33% Tier 4 (specialty);
- access to more than 50,000 pharmacies nationwide;
- up to a 90-day supply available with two co-pays through mail order.
2012 Medicare Rx Monthly Premium
3. Aetna Medicare PPO
A Medicare Advantage Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Plan
Aetna Medicare PPO is gives you the freedom to go to any doctor or hospital in the U.S. — without a referral. Aetna Medicare PPO combines the benefits of preventive care with the choice and security of traditional coverage. You may enroll in Aetna Medicare PPO if you live in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or Philadelphia County in Pennsylvania as well as South Jersey
FEATURES OF Aetna MEDICARE PPO
- freedom to seek care directly with doctors, specialists and hospitals without a referral;
- no requirement to select a primary care physician;
- coverage in or out of network;
- virtually no paperwork;
- routine medical exams and screenings;
- Preventive Care at $0 co-pay. Routine annual exam, Flue Shot, Routine Mammogram, Prostate Test, Routine Eye exam, routine hearing exam- all at $0 co-pays.
- Most other dr. visits at a $15 co-pay
- Preventive Dental included
- Eyewear-$200 reimbursed every 2 Years
- Hearing Aids- -$500 reimbursed every 3 Years
- Fitness- Included
2012 Medicare PPO Monthly Premium
Medicare PPO- Medical-only plan
Buck, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery Counties- $252.80
South Jersey- $286.00
Medicare PPO- Medical Plan with Prescription
Buck, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery Counties- $470.00
South Jersey- $503.20
* Rates are subject to change January of each year.
Click here for More information concerning the School District of Philadelphia Medicare Plan options.